28 March 2017
How Much Does Certainteed Vinyl Siding Cost?
Vinyl siding is a great option for most homes because its durable, beautiful and low maintenance. If you’re looking to install new vinyl siding this summer, costs can add up quickly, especially if you’re trying to do your own installation. Installing siding is one of those home improvements that’s best left to the professionals. Be sure to hire a licensed and insured siding contractor to perform the installation for you. Choosing a contractor is about much more than just comparing price.
Trim A Seal is a trained 5 Star Certainteed Vinyl siding installer. In order to become a certified contractor with CertainTeed, you have to adhere to their rigorous standards of excellence. To be a 5-Star Contractor, installers must attend a full-day program and pass our Vinyl Siding Master Craftsman test.
Certainteed Vinyl Siding – Pricing Checklist
- Get at least 3 estimates before hiring a Siding contractor
- Expect vinyl siding prices to vary between regions and companies. Every company has different operating expenses, so costs are different for each and thus product pricing varies.
- Waiting until an off season, like right before winter, should yield lower prices, at least in the North. Having any type of work done during a contractor’s off season can help you negotiate lower pricing.
- Beware of the lowest price, especially if it’s far below other estimates. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.
- Most types of Certainteed siding run between $4-$5/sq. Ft, but this price might be higher or lower depending on the type of siding you choose.
-Try to budget and additional 10-12% more on top of your square footage estimate for overall budgeting purposes. This should cover any extra materials needed for difficult configurations, patterns, etc.
Remember, there are multiple styles of Certainteed siding available from Contemporary, colonial, cape-cod style, ranch, bungalow, victorian, etc. So if the style you first select is over your budget, take the time to choose another beautiful style. You’ll be glad you did.