Vinyl Siding Colors
Once you’ve decided to install new vinyl siding on your home, you have lots of decision to make including choosing from a vast array of colors. Today, vinyl siding colors are available in a range of shades from cool pastels to dark rich colors.
Use this page to explore the siding color charts of our various manufacturers for samples and ideas.
After you’re ready to proceed, call the home improvement experts at Trim A Seal today for a free, no obligation vinyl siding estimate. We have been serving homeowners in Northern Indiana and South Chicago for over 50 years. Ask about our “Low Price Guarantee”.
Tips for Choosing the Best Color Siding:
- Narrow your list down to 4 colors so it’s easier to compare and make a decision. Don’t forget about the trim. Most homes look best with trim in a contrasting color but in just a few shades lighter or darker than the main siding color. As a general rule of thumb, light siding looks best with darker trim and darker siding looks nice with a lighter trim.
- Take into consider not just what colors are popular or what you like, but if you plan to sell in the next 10 years, try and choose a color that is neutral and has wide aesthetic appeal; rather than a trendy color that will go out of style in 3 or 4 years.
- Take your home’s surroundings into consideration when choosing a color. Are you in a heavily wooded neighborhood? Or are you surrounded by other homes? What will your home’s exterior siding color look like next to the homes around you or in natural surroundings?
- Are you in a warm, humid or rainy part of the country or is your home in the shade? If you are in an area that is subjected to prolonged moisture and possibly mold build up, you might want to consider a darker color that does not show dirt or mold as easily so that your siding requires less frequent cleaning. Lighter colors are less forgiving.
- To get a more accurate idea of what the color you choose would like on your home, ask if there are any other homes in the area that have that color siding installed and go check it out. Seeing it installed on an entire house will help you decide if it’s right for you.
Siding Color Options